Archmere is Founded in Faith and Evolving for the Future
Founded by the Norbertine Fathers in 1932
and rooted in the traditions of academic excellence, social development, community service, and faith reflection, Archmere Academy continues to adapt to an ever-changing world, employing best practices for 21st-century learning and challenging today's students to become tomorrow's leaders.
Archmere Students Achieve Greatness
By forming strong relationships with their teachers, friends, administrators, and staff, Archmere Academy students find the support, guidance, motivation, and knowledge they need to reach their highest achievement and find true, personal distinction.
Archmere Focuses on the Whole Student
Through technology-infused programs, a rigorous curriculum supported by student-teacher partnerships, and a host of extracurricular opportunities, our fully utilized collegiate-style campus creates an exceptional educational experience.
Archmere Offers an Elite Educational Program
Since its inception, Archmere has been known for its rigorous academic program. That’s why Archmere is considered by many to be one of the top private high schools in Delaware.
- Student/Teacher ratio of 9:1 with an average class size of 15
- 25 Advanced Placement Course Offerings
- 525 AP exams were taken by 226 Archmere students in 2020.
- 90% of Archmere students scored 3+ on AP exams in 2020 (Global average is 60%)
- Full exchange immersion programs with France and Spain
- 85% of faculty hold advanced degrees with an average of 15 years of experience
- 1:1 Mac laptop program in a 21st Century Learning environment
- In-person learning with at least six feet of physical distance. See all of our COVID 19 safety measures.
Our academic program is strengthened by the technology infusion that enhances instruction in multiple content areas, primarily through the use of laptops and iPads. It’s balanced by numerous opportunities to participate in sports, community service, performing and fine arts, and over 50 extra-curricular clubs and activities
. At Archmere, students discover who they are by exploring interests, developing skills, and nurturing their talents. Take the steps to apply to Archmere Academy