Archmere Academy; a private, Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory high school in northern Delaware is seeking a qualified full-time professional to manage all aspects of its fundraising database: Raiser’s Edge (specialized business donor tracking database and software). The Database Manager’s overall objective and responsibility is to provide leadership for the departmental data management systems and to assist the Office of Institutional Advancement staff to utilize Raiser’s Edge in support of department-wide goals and functions.
As a key member of the team, the position is responsible for managing the system data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the database, overseeing data input & output, and end-user training and support. Responsibilities include importing and exporting of data, extracting and analyzing data, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry, documenting database changes, and making sure that the database effectively captures alumni and donor information and generates accurate financial and analytical reports.
The Database Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations and will consult with the Database Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate constituent and gift entry.
- Processing credit card transactions and electronic transfers.
- Matching gift processing and follow-up.
- Timely acknowledgement of gifts.
- Reconciling records with the Business Office.
- List management.
- Generating mail merges with multiple variables and segmentation strategies.
- Measuring return on investment for all appeals.
- Managing the inventory and production of materials for all appeals.
- Generating all information/data/reports necessary to manage, oversee and measure effectiveness of Phon-a-thon.
- Generating customized reports and analyzing data.
- Prospect research and information mining.
- Developing strategies for building/capturing constituent information/data.
- Managing the ongoing upkeep of accurate information.
- Training and support for all staff with access to Raiser’s Edge to ensure consistent procedures and data integrity.
- Managing multiple database projects simultaneously.
- Developing project timelines to meet assigned deadlines.
- Support all activities/functions of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelor degree or background in Information Systems Management or similar field and interest in non-profit development/advancement careers. Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge and proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of development principles/practices and fundraising trends is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail; commitment to data accuracy, integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective time management skills; ability to set/fulfill priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work extra hours for development- related weekends and evening programs and special events.
Reports to: Director of Development & Alumni Relations
This position is a full-time position with benefits. The compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
Any interested applicants, can contact Erin McNichol ’92, Director of Development & Alumni Relations, via email (email@example.com
) with a C.V. and letter of interest.