Archmere is Founded in Faith and Evolving For the Future: Founded by the Norbertine Fathers, and rooted in the traditions of academic excellence, social development, community service, and faith reflection, Archmere Academy continues to adapt to an ever-changing world, employing best practices for 21st century learning and challenging today’s students to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Archmere Students are Inspired to Achieve by the relationships they form with their teachers, friends, administrators and staff. It is through these connections that our students find the support, guidance, motivation, and knowledge they need to reach their highest achievement and find true, personal distinction.
Archmere Focuses on the Whole Student offering technology-infused programs, a rigorous curriculum supported by student-teacher partnerships, a host of extracurricular opportunities, and a fully utilized collegiate-style campus to create the exceptional educational experience that is Archmere.
Archmere Offers an Elite Educational Program: since its founding in 1932, Archmere has been known for its rigorous academic program.
- Student/Teacher ratio of 9:1 with an average class size of 16
- 21 Advanced Placement Course Offerings
- In 2016 93% of the over 175 Archmere students who took AP exams scored a 3 or higher
- 3 full exchange immersion programs with France, Germany, and Spain
- 83% of faculty hold advanced degrees with an average of 15 years of experience
- The Archmere class of 2016's mean SAT score was 1895 (out of 2400), 527 points higher than the Delaware average, and 405 points above the national average
- Apple Distinguished School with 1:1 Laptop in a 21st Century Learning environment
Our academic program is strengthened by the technology infusion that is utilized to enhance instruction in multiple content areas primarily through the use of laptops and iPads. It’s balanced by numerous opportunities to participate in sports, community service, performing and fine arts, and over 50 extra-curricular clubs and activities
. In short, Archmere is a place where students come to discover who they are by exploring interests, developing skills, and nurturing talents.