The Administrative Assistant to Admissions performs a crucial role within the Admissions team, serving a wide range of the school’s constituents. The Administrative Assistant to Admissions is often the first point of contact for external stakeholders, prospective parents and students as well as the broader community. This position requires empathy, strong interpersonal and communications skills, confidentiality, and a willingness to understand and adapt to the Academy’s operation. In addition, strength and fluency with technology, database management and programs are essential. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to Archmere’s core values of strong community, respect for others, and a passion for serving those who invest in private, Catholic education.
• Perform duties of an administrative assistant to the Director of Enrollment & Admissions, including: populating the admissions calendar, admissions database management, filing paper records, mailings, scheduling interviews, answering calls and emails, and greeting prospective students and their families.
• Ensure that the Admissions Office is characterized by a warm, welcoming, professional, and hospitable environment for students, staff, parents, visitors and other members of the Academy community and other Norbertine communities and ministries.
• Coordinate/Event planning of key Admissions events, which includes collaboration with our faculty, staff, students, parent club leaders, and outside vendors.
• Work efficiently and effectively as an office administrator, with a strong work ethic and an ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
• Manage and scrub data received through our Admissions and Advancement database.
Employment Status: Permanent, part-time position
Hours: To be determined. (Generally 9:00-3:00pm, with extended schedule to 4:00pm weekdays January- February). Flexible schedule during summer months.
Special Conditions: Some out of normal hours work will be required for duties such as admission recruitment activities in the evenings and on weekends throughout the year and some extended day hours in January & February.
Skills and Requirements:
• Excellent organizational skills, with close attention to detail
• Experience working with database systems and comfort with technology (Microsoft Excel, Mail Merge, etc.)
• Service and hospitality oriented with a background in event planning
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to respond to prospective families’ personalized needs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High skill levels in computer software packages, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and proprietary database systems.
• A flexible, lateral thinker, able to negotiate and coordinate in a team setting at critical times
• Sensitivity to privacy laws and necessary confidentiality in dealing with sensitive personal information
• Willingness to attend any professional development programs to enhance personal knowledge and experience
• Possess or be willing to obtain a police clearance and background checks
To be considered for the position, all applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to Leah Lightcap, Director of Enrollment & Admissions email@example.com