Reports to: Director of Operations
Summary: The Academic Technology Coordinator(ATC) will be an integral part of the technology team and provides instructional support and technical assistance to faculty and students. The ATC will work closely with every academic department as well as the library staff to aid the school in further advancing the academic technology program across the campus. This position may also teach a class in a related technology field.
Essential Functions and Specific Duties:
• Develop and conduct training, group instruction and workshops, both individually and collaboratively for faculty and students on existing and new technologies.
• Meet directly with faculty, department chairs and administrators to discuss needs and formulate viable solutions relative to use of technology in the classroom and ensure they relate to campus learning initiatives. Analyze existing procedures and develop improvements for optimum use of technologies with an emphasis on the classroom;
• Collaborate with Director of Operations to plan and implement school-wide initiatives for academic technology, including research for future initiatives. Take a leading role in new technology initiatives;
• Keep the tech resources page of the school website current with useful and relevant content.
• Provide basic levels of troubleshooting (i.e. connecting to WiFi, etc.) for faculty and students as well as answer questions regarding current applications in use at school (G Suite, Examsoft, Adobe Creative Suite, as well as others)
• Take a leading role in new technology initiatives.
• This is a full-time position.
• At least 3 years of teaching experience, demonstrating success and mastery in instruction and pedagogy.
• Prior experience as an instructional coach, technology integrator, coordinator or comparable role preferred .
• Familiarity with modern technology tools, services and other instruments that have applications both inside and outside the classroom.
• Ability to create and maintain positive and supportive relationships with faculty and administration as well as creating collaborative learning groups.
• Ability to communicate and share ideas and concepts effectively across diverse, interdisciplinary audiences.
• Experience working in an independent school preferred, but not required.
• MacOS & iOS experience with the ability to troubleshoot.
• Familiarity with Learning Management Systems. The School currently uses Blackbaud’s onSuite product.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Carl Campion, Director of Operations, at email@example.com