Archmere Academy, a private, Catholic, co-educational high school in northern Delaware is seeking an educational professional with 5-10 years in high school teaching and administrative experience to serve as Principal beginning July 1, 2020.
The Principal oversees the total educational program of the school and is directly responsible for the day-to-day operation of the school. The Principal is ultimately responsible for overseeing that instruction is consistent with the philosophy, objectives, and mission of the school. The Principal is directly responsible to the Headmaster and is reviewed annually.
Skills & Qualifications
The Principal must have a vision of education that incorporates a passion for scholarship and life-long learning, knowledge of current best practice in education, including infusion of technology in learning, and an efficient management style to implement programs. The Principal should be highly organized, flexible, and creative to manage a dense schedule of academic and extracurricular programs, and should possess excellent oral and written communication skills to facilitate effective communications with students, staff, and parents.
Candidates for this position should be comfortable managing web-based software and educational databases and have an understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and of Apple/Macintosh programs. An advanced degree is required; a doctorate is preferred.
- Aims to work consistently toward improving the quality of the institution within the institution.
- Assists the Headmaster and the Director of Enrollment and Admissions in developing and implementing strong programs of recruitment.
- Assumes final responsibility for the acceptance of all students.
- Is a member of the Financial Assistance Committee in determining financial assistance awards.
- With approval of the Headmaster, hires, supervises and terminates all academic and support staff.
- Provides information for the school calendar and completes an annual review of the Student Handbook.
- Establishes and administers personnel policies for faculty and staff.
- Is a member of the Headmaster’s Council.
- Chairs the Academic Council.
- Plans and implements curriculum, reviews all proposed changes to curriculum, and suggests methods for integrating instruction across the disciplines.
- Ensures uniformity by departments and faculty with the academic standard policies outline in the Student Handbook regarding extra credit, homework, test and absentee policies.
- In consultation with the Headmaster, reviews and approves the master schedule each semester.
- Consults with the Headmaster on all issues dealing with facilities planning and implementation.
- Chairs the Principal’s Council.
- Establishes and coordinates in-service days and holds regular faculty meetings.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, directs and implements policies for the acceptance, retention, promotion, graduation, suspension and dismissal of students.
- Oversees the Directors of Student Life, Counseling, College Counseling, Athletics, and Academics, as well as the Campus Minister.
- Supervises and evaluates the Librarian and Main Office staff.
- Conducts individual teacher conferences.
- Oversees the approval of all student trips and out-of-school activities.
- Compiles and presents all internal budgets including the academic budget to the Headmaster’s Council for discussion and approval by the Headmaster.
- Teaches and/or coaches at the discretion of the Headmaster.
Cover letter and resume or CV should be sent no later than October 31, 2019, to:
Dr. Michael Marinelli, Headmaster
c/o Mrs. Patricia Tolvaisa
3600 Philadelphia Pike
Claymont, DE. 19703.